Brookstone Animal Hospital in Acworth, GA is in search of full time Certified or experienced (three + years in field) veterinary technicians immediately. We are also in search of full time Veterinary Assistants. Must have basic computer literacy skills and be able to handle multiple unrelated tasks simultaneously while working in a busy environment. Must be able to work weekends and holidays. Technician will be required to be at work when scheduled and be on time. Must be able to administer injections, perform venipuncture, take vital signs of animal, and properly restrain animals, including fractious pets, for examination and treatment. Technician must be able to give treatments/medications intravenously, orally, and subcutaneously.
The veterinary assistant is the assistant primary support. They assist in restraining pets and test set up for the examination procedure. They aid the technicians in achieving greater efficiency by relieving them of some of the routine work. They have a very significant role in freeing up the technicians to assist the veterinarian with medical procedures.Candidate must have at least six months to one year experience as a verterinary assistant. Pay scale is based on experience. Must be willing to work weekends and holidays.
Employee must be able to work well independently and in a group. Pay scale is based on experience. Must be willing to work weekends and holidays.
We are looking for candidates who are 1.) punctual, reliable, friendly; 2.) professional and calm with clients 3.) willing to be a team player and helpout howver they can
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Can provide compassionate care to patients and clients.
- Can conduct oneself in a confident and professional manner even when stressed and/or focused on individual tasks.
- Know about checklist and how to complete duties
- Can legibly keep accurate medical records in accordance hospital policy.
- Can prepare and maintain the exam rooms and treatment areas.
- Can perform physical assessments; record observations legibly in files or computer.
- Can effectively restrain pets even when large or difficult.
- Knows all common vaccines and vaccination protocols and can explain to clients.
- Understands the importance of a clean and orderly facility, does not hesitate to clean or organize as part of a normal job duty.
- Maintains positive, cooperative relationships with other employees.
- Can prepare estimates for procedures and discuss financial commitments with clients supporting hospital financial policies.
- Can explain necessary followup and homecare instructions.
- Can properly care for all surgical materials and equipment; keep the operating room properly stocked and prepared for surgery.
- Can set up clinical laboratory procedures such as fecal centrifuge exams, heartworm tests, skin scrapings, urinalysis, ear cytology and fungal cultures; Can effectively position for and take radiographs.
- Understands the use and care of IV pumps.
- Can admit patients following hospital policy and doctors written orders.
- Can discharge patients based on the veterinarian’s orders, ensuring that patients are well groomed and in a medically appropriate state.
- Performs other duties as assigned including assisting in other areas.
- Understands general use of cornerstone
- Understands use of whiteboard and how to read and perform orders
We are a growing hospital that takes pride in educating our staff and giving them the tools they need to go further in the vet field. Brookstone Animal Hospital also values our employees and makes sure that they are rewarded for their hardwork.
Please send your resumes to the office manager as well as fill out an application in person during normal business hours. Brookstone Animal Hospital performs background checks and drug tests if offered the position.
Job Type: Full-time
- veterinary technician: 1 year
- veterinary assistant: 6 months to 1 year
Required license or certification: