Specialist in Companion Animal Neurology (SCAN) is the only veterinary hospital in Sarasota that exclusively treats medical and surgical disorders of the brain, spinal cord, nerves and muscles. Our hospital utilizes state-of-the-art diagnostics including high-field MRI, electrodiagnostics and spinal fluid analysis to accurately diagnose neurological disease. We are looking to hire an experienced Veterinary Technician who is interested in working in a rewarding and professionally fulfilling environment.
SCAN is seeking a highly qualified and experienced veterinary technician to join our current team of veterinary technicians and assistants. The ideal applicant will have excellent oral and written communication skills to keep up with a fast-paced caseload while maintaining compassion. Certified veterinary technicians with strong technical proficiency desired. Experience in neurology/neurosurgery is preferred but we are willing to train dynamic, motivated individuals. Minimum of 3 years’ experience is required for this position as well as prior leadership experience. Specialty certification is desirable and encouraged with financial support available for the qualified individual working towards this achievement. This positions requires rotating On Call duty for after-hours advanced diagnostics and/or surgery.
The successful applicant will demonstrate strong proficiency in the following areas:
- Venipuncture: cephalic v., saphenous v., jugular v.
- Well-versed in inducing, maintaining and recovering anesthetized patients
- Able to correctly calculate drug dosages.
- Placement of IV catheters.
- Administration of IV, IM, SQ and oral medications.
- Obtaining and interpreting blood pressure, pulse oximetry and capnography readings.
- Setting up for and prepping for surgery as well as appropriate understanding of asepsis.
- Proficient in packing and sterilizing instruments.
- Performing bloodwork with typical automated CBC and blood chemistry machine.
- Placing male and female indwelling urinary catheters.
The successful applicant will possess the following personal attributes:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task while paying close attention to detail
- Thrive under a fast-paced, challenging, yet rewarding working environment
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment, while demonstrating a high level of initiative
- Excellent organizational skills essential.
Come live and work in Paradise! Perched on the Gulf of Mexico in southwest Florida, Sarasota is well known for its vibrant arts community, excellent restaurants, unique shopping, and beautiful beaches. Notably, Sarasota is also an affordable family destination that appeals to nature lovers and beach enthusiasts. There is a plethora of things to do in the great outdoors whether it’s boating, fishing, biking, golfing or just sun worshipping. Fishing and golf are not hobbies here, they are ways of life. Sarasota has some of the best waterfront in the world. The city’s Gulf of Mexico backdrop mesmerizes, and with its small-town attitude and big-league amenities, it offers the best of both worlds.
SCAN offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefits plan (health, vision, dental, CE, scrub allowance, and PTO). Please forward your cover letter and resume today to firstname.lastname@example.org