Animal Hospital of Nashua is looking for a full-time associate to join our rapidly growing practice! An associate must be compassionate, dedicated, and team-oriented and share in our values of excellent medicine and client care and communications.
We believe in a collaborative approach to medicine and have been a part of our community for over 32 years and AAHA member for 25 years (this year we will be awarded for our 25 year commitment to AAHA). We have on-site Board-Certified specialists. We embrace a hybrid veterinary practice model that merges primary care and 24/7 emergency care and secondary care under one roof. Our veterinarians enjoy FLEXIBLE set schedules that allow for a quality of life and a professional management team that supports them in their daily practice.
Our Medical Directors have over 30 years of experience in veterinary medicine and will offer coaching and mentoring to the right new graduate candidate; they also provide ongoing training, support, and assistance to our medical team.
Located in a northern suburb of Boston, our 24/7 veterinary hospital is 35 miles north of the city of Boston in New Hampshire (right over the Massachusetts border). Our "Gate City" location is only 1 hour away from the N.H. Lakes and Mountain Regions and Maine Seacoast. No matter your preference, there is always an abundance of activities to do!
We are a fully-equipped, AAHA-Certified, multi-doctor practice with trained, compassionate, and dedicated support staff. Our general practice services include wellness exams, vaccinations, preventative care, diagnostics, dental care and surgery. We have in-house laboratory, digital x-ray, 24/7 ICU, and expansive surgery suites and dental area.
This position will see a mix of urgent care and wellness care. Our Veterinarians work together, sharing knowledge and skill to help each other grow and continue to learn. They have access to our on-site referral services to assist with the needs of their patients.
Our Veterinarian carries our promise to our clients: making their pet’s health our top priority and excellent service our goal. We believe in Excellence, Communication, Teamwork, Respect and Community. Our purpose is to deliver a peace of mind to our clients.
Skills and Qualifications
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree, or equivalent, from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state of New Hampshire.
- Internship and/or 3 years in private practice preferred but, we will train the right candidate through extensive coaching and mentoring
- Professional comportment and appearance, with excellent interpersonal skills and a positive, friendly attitude.
- The ability to make decisions and communicate clearly and effectively with fellow team members and clients.
- Respect for and willingness to work with clients and their pets.
- A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding the veterinary code of ethics.
- Develop and maintain trusting client relationships with every client who visits the hospital.
- Perform the primary functions of a small animal veterinarian, namely, examine and treat patients, prescribe treatments, perform surgery.
- Respond appropriately to the caseload of the hospital as directed by the staff.
- Provide follow-up communication and care, as appropriate, for all cases treated.
- Provide follow-up communication and care for any patient, as requested.
- Assist in retaining existing clients, developing new clients and enhancing the hospital reputation in the community through community outreach.
- Participate in providing continuing education for our staff.
- Attend and participate in all team and individual meetings as requested.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Life and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Continuing Education allowance
Please send resumes to email@example.com or fax to (603)-821-7245 or mail to Animal Hospital of Nashua, 168 Main Dunstable Road, Nashua, NH 03060.