Animal Medical Clinic - Merle Hay in Des Moines, IA seeks an enthusiastic Hospital Manager to join our team!
Animal Medical Clinic – Merle Hay has been AAHA accredited since 1978. Our mission is to enhance and extend the bond between pets and their people. Our goal is to provide veterinary care that consistently exceeds expectations. We believe that this level of care can only be provided by considering the unique needs of both the client and the patient, and by serving our clients with medical and surgical excellence, courtesy, efficiency, and above all, compassion.
Recognizing a need for quality veterinary care in the rapidly growing western suburbs, Animal Care Clinic West in West Des Moines in 1983. It was accredited by the American Animal Hospital Association in 1984. Iowa’s first hospital for the care of cats was opened in 1995, as the Metro Cat Hospital of Des Moines.
For more information, please visit our website at: http://vetmedgroupofdsm.com/
ABOUT THE HOSPITAL
- Digital Radiography
- Digital Dental Radiography
- Microchip Pet Identification
- Isoflurane and Sevoflurane Anesthesia
- Surgical monitoring
- Laser surgery
- Video Otoscopy
About Des Moines
With a population of 204,192 Des Moines is a great place to live, work, and play. You can catch a traveling exhibit at the Science Center of Iowa, see fireworks at a baseball game on Friday nights, or spin on ice at Brenton. Shop for edgy locally-made t-shirts and hidden gems, catch live music, or stretch your legs on recreational trails. It's all easy to "do" in Des Moines.
The Hospital Manager is a leader and an integral member of the veterinary hospital management team. The Hospital Manager partners with the Managing Veterinarian to provide a smooth and profitable operation by driving revenue and managing costs while creating a hospital culture based on high quality patient care and exceptional customer service. Responsibilities include managing, planning, and coordinating the overall operations of the hospital, and cultivating a supportive and collaborative team environment.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Leadership and Planning
- Acts as a champion for change and identifies, documents, shares, and promotes best practices.
- Participates in the planning and budget maintenance process.
- Establishes goals for the practice and staff.
- Creates the hospital schedule and manages labor costs to budget.
- Oversees employee benefits program and hospital insurance plans.
- Develops and implements hospital policy, including DEA/Controlled Substances and OSHA compliance.
- Performs quality checks and reviews of client files.
- Monitors computer systems and works with HelpDesk to resolve technical systems/equipment issues.
- Partners with the Managing Veterinarian to address staffing needs including hiring, training, reviewing, and disciplining of staff.
- Implements performance-based incentive and rewards and recognition programs.
- Manages staff, including grooming and boarding staff if applicable.
- Tracks and maintains current licensure for all DVMs.
- Demonstrates and reinforces the highest level of client service
- Resolves client issues and escalations, and oversees client follow-up communication.
- Drives client visits through strategic client communication and local marketing efforts (i.e. Community).
- Ensures payroll is accurately completed and submitted for all hospital staff.
- Manages accounts receivable and cash on hand, including performing invoice audit reviews.
- Manages hospital inventory and controls facility and administrative costs.
- Performs other duties essential to the performance of the hospital as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related degree is preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in a manager role, including customer service experience.
- Experience in a hospital setting in positions of increased responsibility is a plus.
Knowledge and/or experience in the following areas:
- Multi-functional operations including budget and labor management.
- Manage time and tasks appropriately and remain flexible with assigned duties.
- Supervisory and leadership experience.
- Reporting and data analysis.
- Problem solving and resolution management skills.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Basic computer skills i.e. Microsoft Office suite (Previous practice management software knowledge preferred).
- Interpersonal skills with staff and clients, and works well in a team environment.
- Customer service strategies and effective marketing techniques.
- HR policies and protocol development.
- Staff management including: coaching, developing, and motivating staff
- Conduct performance appraisals.
- Delegate responsibility and achieve results with hospital team members.
- Make decisions confidently and effectively.
- Model a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.