VCA Southpaws Veterinary Specialists & Emergency Center is seeking an experienced Emergency Veterinarian to join our 24-hour emergency/critical care and multi-specialty referral practice in Fairfax, Virginia—located just outside of Washington, D.C.
CritiCare, our combined emergency service and intensive care department functions 24/7/365 for primary and referred emergency or critical care patients, walk-ins, and transfers from our other specialty departments. CritiCare is staffed by six full time Veterinarians (one board certified ACVECC), with six rotating Interns providing overnight coverage. Other specialty departments are on call to assist with Surgical, Neurologic, Oncologic, Internal Medicine, and Ophthalmologic patients, while our Radiology department sees patients for ultrasound exams 7 days-a-week. SouthPaws CritiCare doctors rotate day, evening and weekend shifts, working on average 13 shifts per month.
In addition to a highly accomplished team and a stimulating and collegial work environment, SouthPaws offers:
- An established caseload and reputation with one other full time Internist.
- Full time Surgery, Medical and Radiation Oncology (linear accelerator and I131 therapies), Neurology, Ophthalmology, Emergency/Critical Care and Internal Medicine specialists to help provide multimodality patient care and support. Pet rehabilitation and holistic care also available on site. Hyperbaric oxygen therapy on site.
- Our state of the art equipment includes but is not limited to; Telemetry Anesthesia Monitoring Ventilator, Digital Radiography, Ultrasonography, Endoscope and a MRI.
- Affiliation with the Animal Clinical Investigations and VCA allowing participation in large clinical research trials.
- Teaching opportunities through our internship and student extern programs, as well as continuing education seminars for our local veterinarians.
- A lovely 34,000 square foot hospital.
- An excellent reputation over the last 18 years supporting our referring veterinarians in the Washington, D.C. region’s veterinary community.Since its founding almost 20 years ago by three left-handed veterinarians, SouthPaws has offered the highest quality of animal medical care in the DC region.
SouthPaws is located in Fairfax County, VA—offering outstanding quality of life for singles and for families, including:
- Public schools that are ranked among the best in the country and nearby universities including Georgetown, George Washington, George Mason, and the University of Maryland as well as the University of Virginia and Virginia Tech satellite campuses.
- An educated, affluent population with the country’s strongest economy and career opportunities for spouses.
- Exciting and vibrant nightlife, trend-setting restaurants; cultural, historical and international events unique to Washington, DC.
- With our four distinct seasons and a varied geography, our region offers the best of all worlds: Hiking, golfing, rafting, skiing, sailing, beaches, rock climbing and most every other sport or activity can be found at most a short drive away.
As a member of the VCA family, your passion for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth. Among the reasons to consider joining VCA are:
- Network of 3,800+ doctors, including more than 600 Specialists.
- Largest provider of Private Practice Internships and Residencies in the U.S.
- WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff.
- Robust Clinical Studies program.
- Opportunities to give back through strong Shelter partnerships and VCA Charities.
VCA SouthPaws adds value to your compensation package with the following:
- Competitive salary plus bonus potential.
- Medical, Dental & Vision insurance.
- Generous CE allowance.
- Opportunity to teach and mentor.
- Life and Long Term Disability insurance
- Professional Liability coverage.
If interested in this opportunity, please click here. You will be taken to the job description on VCAJobs.com, where you can learn more and apply online.