Thiensville-Mequon Small Animal Clinic in Thiensville, WI seeks an Associate Veterinarian to join our team!
Thiensville-Mequon Small Animal Clinic is a 5 doctor practice that provides complete and compassionate veterinary care for dogs, cats, birds, rabbits, and pocket pet companions. We are looking for an associate to join our experienced team of doctors who will place an overall emphasis on preventive medicine and client education. We are proud to be an American Animal Hospital (AAHA) member since 1972. Part-time or full-time hours available.
For more information http://www.thiensvillemequonsac.com/
ABOUT THE HOSPITAL
- Digital Radiography
- Digital Dental Radiology
- Electronic Medical Records
- Therapeutic Laser
- Dedicated surgery suite
Thiensville-Mequon is located near the beautiful shores of Lake Michigan in prestigious Ozaukee County. Located just north of Milwaukee you will enjoy all the amenities of a large city, while enjoying the tight-knit community with schools rated top in the state.
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Managing Doctor and supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients.
- Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
- Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs.
- Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
- Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
- Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Works collaboratively with hospital team members.
- Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
- Manages time and tasks appropriately.
- Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
- Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth
- 1 year minimum experience in small animal medicine required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.