| Oak View Animal Hospital is seeking an Associate Veterinarian to join their practice in Birmingham, AL. |
Oak View Animal Hospital first opened its doors in 1981. OVAH has grown alongside Pelham, a thriving suburb of Birmingham, and has become a vital part of the local community. Our facility is equipped with everything you will need to deliver the highest quality patient care, including a spacious surgery suite, digital radiography, ultrasound, therapy laser and in-house laboratory.
Providing veterinary service to local rescue groups such as Shelby County Humane Society and the Greater Birmingham Humane Society allows OVAH the opportunity to continue to grow in its local community. OVAH’s core value is to “Treat every client as if they were family and every pet as if they were your own”.
OVAH prides itself on its’ highly trained and tenured team of doctors, nurses and client service associates. The ideal candidate is one who wishes to excel in client experience and patient care while working in upbeat collaborative fashion.
About the Vet Hospital
• Open Monday – Friday 7:00am to 6:00pm, Saturday 7:00 am - 12:00 pm
• After hours emergencies referred to emergency clinic
Skills and Qualifications
• Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university
• Licensure in good standing to practice in the state of Alabama
• Professional comportment and appearance, with excellent interpersonal skills and a positive, friendly attitude
• The ability to make decisions and communicate clearly and effectively with fellow team members
• Respect for and willingness to work with clients and their pets
• Compassionate team player who can uphold great reputation with clients
• A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine, upholding the veterinary code of ethics
• Proficiency in surgery and ultrasound a plus
• Develop a rapport with clients and determine their needs and wishes; perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures in a way that will deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
• Explain physical examination findings and communicate to the client a diagnosis of the pet’s problems; generate and present a treatment plan for the pet to the client; educate clients on preventative health care, including vaccines and appropriate nutritional products.
• Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient.
• Stay up-to-date with new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine, attend Continuing Education meetings.
• Assist in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
• Positively represent the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
• Treat every client like family and each patient like your own pet.
Compensation and Benefits
Oak View Animal Hospital rewards its team members with a competitive salary, growth bonuses and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Medical Insurance
• 401(k) retirement savings plan
• Continuing Education allowance
• Professional Liability Coverage
If you are looking for a career adventure and an opportunity for unmatched personal growth, we want to hear from you. Interested and qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Dr. Chase Whitworth@svp.vet.