Receptionist Responsibilities include scheduling appointments, answering the telephone, setting up new clients and patients, preparation and maintenance of medical records, filling some prescriptions, over the counter sales, mailings, computer operation, financial transactions, and front office and reception area maintenance. Receptionists will assume the responsibility for acquiring the medical and legal information necessary for the performance of their duties. Receptionists must possess good critical thinking and problem solving skills, compassion, a positive attitude, follow through and excellent communication and teamwork skills. Multitasking and accepting constructive criticism is essential.
Punctuality is expected. Client Relations A receptionist has influence with our client’s other positions do not. A receptionist is the first impression a current or potential client sees or hears, and that comes with certain obligations. At all times, a receptionist must maintain a warm, yet professional appearance and demeanor. A receptionist needs to be proficient in all the hospital's protocols, and able to answer any question a client may have. A receptionist must be efficient and effective, able to multi-task, and provide a liaison between client and veterinarian. Client satisfaction allows our clients to set the standard for all aspects of their care. Whatever a client needs, we provide to the best of our abilities, and the ability to anticipate needs is paramount. Kennesaw Pet Center receptionists are required to be up front always to greet clients immediately.
Client Relations also includes, but is not limited to: reminder (appointment and surgery) calls, medical call-backs, and mail correspondence.
A receptionist is responsible for all file maintenance. File maintenance requires basic typing skills, a fundamental knowledge of the alphabet, thoroughness and neatness. Receptionists are also in charge of scheduling appointments, surgical procedures, and boarding reservations. All receptionists must learn the hospital's schedule from booking appointments to the number of anesthetic procedures per day to boarding space in our kennel.
Essential duties and responsibilities
• Provide top-notch customer service • Maintain a professional appearance (clothes and attitude)
• Being attentive to client and pet needs • Identify and work compassionately with clients in various emotional states
• Work patiently with distressed, frustrated or disgruntled clients
• Answer and triage phone calls from clients • Schedule appointments and schedule procedures
• Check-in clients
• Monitor client flow from check-in to discharge
• Monitor schedule and flow
• Client call backs • Managing record requests between other hospitals and specialty practices
• Fill prescriptions
• Client education
• Understand vaccinations, basic lab tests, common diseases, and pet behavior
• Assist in cleaning the hospital including but not limited to: keeping reception desk area and lobby clean and sanitary, taking out the trash and recycling, exam rooms, kitchen and kennels if needed
• Process payment transactions
• Maintain proper documentation in the electronic medical record
• Relay appropriate information to/from clients to doctors and/or management
• Computer skills: Able to use Windows based computer systems, word processing, email, web search and other skills needed to effectively use the practice management software program
This job description does not necessarily cover every task or duty that might be assigned. There may be additional responsibilities assigned as necessary.
Additional Salary Information: Full time
About Kennesaw Pet Center
Animal Hospital, Boarding, Daycare and Grooming Facility. We are a one doctor, growing animal clinic treating general medicine and veterinary care.