Bluffton Veterinary Hospital, located in Bluffton, South Carolina, believes that veterinary medicine is more than caring for animals - it’s about caring for the people who love them too! Just minutes away from Hilton Head Island, our full-service, AAHA accredited hospital is second to none. We believe in setting a higher standard of care for dogs and cats. The thoroughness of our exams, depth of our expertise, and treatment plans are cutting edge. Our patients and clients are family, and nothing less than the best will do. If you are a passionate and caring team player, please feel free to send us a resume or apply today!
• Develop a rapport with clients and determine their needs and wishes; perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures in a way that will deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
• Explain physical examination findings and communicate to the client a diagnosis of the pet’s problems; generate and present a treatment plan for the pet to the client; educate clients on preventative health care, including vaccines and appropriate nutritional products.
• Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient.
• Stay up-to-date with new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine, attend Continuing Education meetings.
• Assist in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
• Positively represent the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
• Treat every client like family and each patient like your own pet.
• Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university
• Licensure in good standing to practice in the state of SC
• Professional comportment and appearance, with excellent interpersonal skills and a positive, friendly attitude
• The ability to make decisions and communicate clearly and effectively with fellow team members
• Respect for and willingness to work with clients and their pets
• Compassionate team player who can uphold great reputation with clients
• A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine, upholding the veterinary code of ethics
• Proficiency in surgery a plus
SVP rewards its teammates with a competitive salary, growth bonuses and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Competitive salary, based on experience and expertise
Medical and Dental Insurance
401(k) retirement savings plan
Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
Continuing Education allowance
Professional Liability Coverage
Discounted Veterinary Care
A large network of over 1,000 veterinary professionals who all share common interest in promoting a collaborative working environment and individual career growth
Opportunity to make an impact in your community while tackling a challenging, variety of tasks and the ability to help animals among a great team of people!