Kennesaw Pet Center is a family-owned Animal Hospital. We have Vetting, Grooming, boarding, and Daycare. We are a two-doctor practice. We aim to provide a warm and friendly atmosphere where clients and their pets feel at home and part of our family. We focus on face-to-face communication with our clients to make sure they are comfortable having their pets in our care. We are looking to add another Veterinary Technician or Assistant to our team!
The Veterinary Technician/Vet Assistant (Vet Tech) is responsible for assisting Veterinarians in the care of animals. The Vet Tech helps during patient examinations and surgical procedures by restraining animals when necessary, stocking examination and surgery rooms with supplies, sterilizing tools, and ensuring that equipment is in working order. Vet Techs also communicate with clients (pet owners) and update patient files. This position may perform an initial evaluation of the animal’s condition, clean and wrap wounds, check vital statistics, collect samples and administer medication.
• Assist doctors with appointments, surgery, and client education per hospital policy.
• Perform initial evaluation of the pet’s condition and advise doctor regarding nature of the visit, preventative care due, and client concerns.
• Obtain and prepare laboratory samples as requested by the veterinarian, (i.e. urine, fecal, Bloodwork)
• Notify the doctor of lab results in a timely fashion.
• Restrain animals in a safe, efficient, and compassionate manner during examinations and procedures.
• Prepare and set up for surgical procedures while utilizing knowledge of proper sterile field requirements.
• Monitor recovery of surgery patients and communicate with owners per hospital policy.
• Accurately prepare and dispense medications as directed by the doctor, ensuring that medications are added to the pet’s record and appropriately charged to the client.
• Know vaccination guidelines within the hospital and administer vaccinations under the direction of the doctor.
• Monitor hospitalized pets and perform treatments as directed by the doctor.
• Utilize hospital computer systems to document medical records and communicate with clients and teammates.
Responsibilities / Qualifications:
• High School diploma or GED certificate with AT LEASE ONE YEAR experience as a Veterinary Technician preferred
• License to practice Veterinary Technology in the state of Georgia is a plus.
• flexible schedule including weekend and holiday shifts
• We are open Monday-Saturday.
• Must have open availability.
• MUST BE ABLE TO WORK WEEKENDS.
• Experience with Cornerstone software preferred
• Must possess strong communication skills, good judgment, and be able to manage stressful situations.
• Must have the physical and mental capacity to perform in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
• Must possess a sense of urgency, and working harmoniously with teammates is required.
• Must be dependable, demonstrate a strong work ethic, and a willingness to learn.