VETERINARY TECHNICIAN NEEDED! SIGNING BONUS AVAILABLE
Best Friends Animal Hospital
Location: Calhoun, Georgia
Type: Part Time or Full Time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Vet Tech / Nurse / Assistant
2 Year Degree
We are looking for a motivated individual with a positive spirit to fill a full time Veterinary Technician position. We will also consider part time employment for the right individual. We have a great team that treats each other like family. We enjoy our wonderful clients but the best part is helping all the fur babies. Our benefits package includes hourly compensation commensurate with experience, paid holidays, paid vacation, health insurance, IRA, uniform allowance and discounted care for your fur babies.
The Veterinary Technician assists the doctors to the fullest possible extent, to help improve the quality of care given to the patients, and to aid the doctors in achieving greater efficiency by relieving them of technical work at Best Friends Animal Hospital. The Veterinary Technician assists in multiple procedures providing care for animals including physical examinations, surgeries, subcutaneous and intravenous injections, euthanasia as well as client education, marketing, and inventory maintenance. This position requires a working knowledge of pharmaceutical drugs, common diseases as well as their symptoms, means of transmission, treatment and prevention, and other basic preventative health care recommendations. This is an overview of the position and the job responsibilities listed do not encompass the entire position.
Current veterinary technician licensing/registration. Reliable transportation to and from work required.
Best Friends Animal Hospital was established in 2009 and is a privately owned company. The hospital is housed in a 4800 square foot facility and is situated on a 3 acre campus that includes a walking trail behind the building. We have a large reception and waiting area, 4 exam rooms, large surgery suite with heated hydraulic surgery table, heated hospitalization cages and a separate isolation unit. Our patients consist of approximately 95% dogs and cats, with horses, goats, pigs, rabbits, guinea pigs and reptiles making up the remaining 5%. We are open Monday through Friday from 8am - 5pm and Saturday from 9am - 12pm. We currently have in house blood analyzers, digital radiography, digital dental radiography, digital color ultrasound, endoscope, rigid otoscope/rhinoscope, surgical cautery, digital tonometry, cryopen, cold laser therapy, blood pressure monitor, therapeutic laser, pulse oximetry and capnography. The office is conveniently located 7 miles off I-75 in Calhoun, GA. Berry College, Atlanta, Chattanooga and Rome are all a very short drive away from the hospital. There's too much extracurricular activities available in this area to be listed!