It’s not relief work. It’s a whole new way to work!?
Insane hours, office politics, and little-to-no support have been the status quo for far too long. So, IndeVets set out to create a totally new way to practice. Everything we do is to make the industry better for veterinarians like you. Because we are veterinarians like you.?
Here’s how it works:
Choose when, where, and how you work.
- Don’t let practice managers dictate your shifts. As an IndeVet, you’ll decide exactly when you work. That means you’ll never have to work another weekend again (unless you want to!). You set your own schedule and choose shifts from our thousands of partner hospitals. You decide when you work, and when you don't.
- Never feel stuck at a bad clinic again. With thousands of fantastic hospital partners, you’ll have plenty to choose from (usually within a 45-minute drive). Feel free to jump around or stick with a couple of spots. It’s totally up to you.
- We’re all about you doing the type of work you love. Choose from GP exam shifts, ER, urgent care, dentistry, or surgery. Mix and match or choose your fave. It’s totally okay to be picky, and it’s also okay to try new things. We’re here for it all.
Thrive as a vet.
Every IndeVet has her own Area Medical Director (AMD). Think of them like your wing-person. They’re your advocate who can speak to clinics on your behalf, lend support after hard days, and give high fives after great ones.? Our Veterinary Social worker is there to complete the circle of care by partnering with you, your AMD, and the rest of IndeVets to give support in those times where we question why we ever wanted to do this in the first place. He provides education to help navigate impossible situations and connection to others that together will prolong your life not only in Veterinary Medicine but on this Earth as well. Anything that is mentionable can be manageable.
You’ll be amazed by what your fellow IndeVets can teach you. We have vets in-residence at leading institutions, and vets with backgrounds in acupuncture, rehab medicine, herbal medicine, chiropractic care, palliative care, and more.
We partner with all different types of hospitals, from corporate groups and private practices to spay & neuter clinics and shelters. Most IndeVets work across many hospitals to experience different kinds of cases, develop new techniques, and grow as a vet.
Your time is valuable. Get paid for all of it.
As an IndeVet, you’ll be paid hourly. We believe hourly compensation is the best way to offer a high standard of care, while also making sure you’re always paid for any additional time you work. It’s the fairest, least stressful way of working.
Full time at IndeVets starts at just 34 hours per week and our FT Associate IndeVets start out with a base that’s over six figures before taking shifts that offer additional compensation.
All of the benefits, none of the burnout.
You'll be part of the ever-growing IndeVets team. This is no traditional relief gig. When you become an IndeVet, you're a W2 employee with full benefits.
- A variety of medical insurance options, including two that are fully paid by IndeVets (Yes, free to you!)
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company-Paid Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Generous Paid-Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Continuing Education allowance (Plus additional PTO for CE)
- License Reimbursement
- 401(k) and Roth 401(k) contribution with 100% employer match up to the first 4% with no vesting period
- IndeVestment Revenue Share Plan
- Choose Your Own Adventure™ Stipend
- Company-Paid Professional Liability Insurance (Just like your PLIT, but free to you.)
- Membership Perks: deeply discounted memberships to VIN, VETgirl, Fear Free certification, and more!
- Guilt-free leave of absences
Sounds too good to be true? We hear that all the time.
But don't just take our word for it. Here's what IndeVet Maritza had to say!
Don't see your area listed? Don't sweat it. Just send us a message letting us know where you're located, and we'll work on bringing IndeVets to you.