Grandview Veterinary Clinic is looking for a Veterinarian to join our team!
$$$ Student loan debt? We can help! $$$
Come to West Texas to be part of an exciting, fast paced clinic.
Build your experience with unique cases!
Compensation package starting at $150K and up to a $100K BONUS
Compensation including living stipend, base compensation, student loan support, and more!
The only AAHA accredited practice and only AAFP Certified Cat Friendly Practice in the Permian Basin. The doctors and staff at GVC strive to make the clients and the patients experience as comfortable and friendly as possible. With mentorship available for newer doctors and consultation between the practitioners, the blend of experience, enthusiasm and current trends offer our clients and patients enhanced treatment and advanced options. GVC continues to be a progressive practice in the Permian Basin that invites practitioners who want to advance their quality of medicine and provide comprehensive service to its clients to join.
What sets us apart?
- Our equipment consists of electronic medical records, DR radiography, ultrasound, with telemedicine available for both, in-house laboratory facility and Idexx referral lab, surgery suite, dental machines and digital dental radiography, anesthetic monitors in surgery and over both scrub sinks, IV pumps, and warming units.
- A stand-alone facility of 5000 sq. ft. equipped with feline only examination room and wellness puppy room, large dog room and an additional examination room, isolation room with a table and stocked for the critical patient, see through hospitalization ward and surgery from the treatment area.
- Continuing education, dues and license for Texas are included
- Health insurance, dental and vision upon eligibility.
- No nights or weekends.
- Negative accrual waived for 6 months and excluded from all paid time off and CE days.
About Odessa, TX:
Midland/Odessa has a growing population of greater than 250,000 with minor league baseball, soccer, football and hockey teams for year-round sports enthusiasts. The cities are a gateway to the Big Bend area with wonderful outdoor activities and are close enough to New Mexico for winter skiing. The University of Texas of the Permian Basin is located in Odessa and each city has a community college. The Midland International Airport can put you in Houston or Dallas in around an hour for travel anywhere in the United States and abroad. The people of West Texas are friendly. Big skies, starry nights and wonderful sunsets welcome you.
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team. This individual will advance the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients.
- Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and. empathizing with their concerns.
- Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs.
- Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up to date through established protocols.
- Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
- Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Works collaboratively with hospital team members.
- Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
- Manages time and tasks appropriately.
- Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
- Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.